The changing seasons means homeowners finally have the opportunity to begin outdoor projects, but this Safe Digging Month, Diggers Hotline of Wisconsin is reminding them to call 811 before they begin. By contacting this hotline or visiting diggershotline.com which call out professional locators to mark underground lines at project sites, residents can avoid service disruptions, costly repairs, and potentially serious injuries that can occur when striking a buried utility line. Because utility lines can shift under the soil, homeowners are required to file for a new locate request for each digging project, regardless of its size, three working days to their start date. It’s estimated an underground utility line is damaged every nine minutes in the US due to digging at unmarked sites.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Congratulations Chris Bernier- WBA HALL OF FAME
- Swap Shop Friday June 24th, 2022
- Marinette County Breakfast on the Farm is this Sunday at the Finger Family Farm
- Irish Immigrants in Michigan: A History in Stories, Author book reading to be held Thursday at Spies Public Library
- A Menominee man facing over 70 counts involving aggravated child sexually abusive material appeared in Menominee Circuit Court