12/10/2019- The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is investigating multiple cases of Adenovirus infection on college campuses around the state. Adenovirus infections most commonly cause respiratory illness, and in rare cases, can lead to pneumonia or death. Representatives with the state Health Office say the infection is easily spread, which is why it tends to pop up in places where large groups gather, and that the virus can be especially hard on people with weakened immune systems or who have lung or heart problems. Adenovirus can be spread through the air or physical contact with infected materials or surfaces. Antibiotics do not work on the virus and the DHS is urging people with symptoms to see a doctor, stay home from work and school, and practice good health hygiene to avoid passing it on to others.
About The Author
October 21, 2019
September 4, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.