U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin is calling on the Trump administration to respond more urgently to water contamination caused by harmful PFAS compounds in order to protect human health. In a letter to the Environmental Protection Agency and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Senator Baldwin demanded further EPA research to make PFAS testing more accessible and affordable and more research by the CDC on how PFAS exposure harms human health, along with emphasizing the critical need for collaboration between the agencies to address this issue. She says while the PFAS problem is growing, these agencies’ actions have failed to reflect the seriousness of the threat. Senator Baldwin visited Marinette recently to discuss the local PFAS issue and specifically cited the contamination in the Town of Peshtigo in her letter to the CDC and EPA, expressing her disappointment that staff from both agencies declined invitations to attend the meeting.
About The Author
May 13, 2019
January 11, 2019
May 22, 2019
September 18, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.