05/15/2019- Use of Marinette’s City Park campground is on the rise and the City is looking for new ways to keep an eye on its condition. Public Works Superintendent Pat Carlson told the Parks and Rec Committee Tuesday his department is stretched thing this season and they’re struggling to keep up with the daily check and maintenance activities required at the campground and other parks throughout Marinette. The idea of establishing a campground caregiver position at City Park was again brought up as an option to alleviate some of those needs. It was suggested this person could monitor guests and facilities at the campground and, in exchange, the city would waive their campsite fee for the length of their stay. While specific duties and qualifications still need to be developed, the Committee unanimously approved a motion to move forward with the concept.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Get ready for a fun-filled day of Christmas festivities in the City of Marinette
- City of Marinette Alderperson files lawsuit against city
- Marinette County Rural Affordable Workforce Housing Pilot Holding Community Feedback Sessions
- Fiber Internet coming to Menominee County
- PRELIMINARY GUN DEER SEASON NUMBERS RELEASED