01/29/2020- You can see a couple of local Wisconsin State Parks in a new light next month. The Wisconsin DNR is again hosting candlelit hikes at several locations across the Badger State, including Oconto’s Copper Culture State Park and the Governor Thompson State Park northwest of Crivitz. The Copper Culture snowshoe and hike takes place February 1st from 5:30 until 8 p.m. and guides guests down a trail along the Oconto River. The hike at Governor Thompson Park is on February 15th from 6 until 9 p.m. and features park trails lit by more than 800 luminaries and accented with ice sculptures. That event is open to skiers, snowshoers, and hikers. The Oconto hike is free, but those participating at Governor Thompson Park will need to purchase a park sticker. For more information about either event, visit the DNR’s website, dnr.wi.gov.
About The Author
January 28, 2020
Marinette County Still Leans Toward Internal Economic Development Administration, Despite Report Recommendation
November 7, 2019
June 30, 2021
September 4, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Ice racing returns to the Bay of Green Bay this Weekend
- Menominee County Board of Commissioners denies a resolution to support The Dog’s Belly and 60 Islands in Menominee County…
- Marinette County Sheriff Retiring
- Closings for Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Hunting Fishing Boating Outdoor Show 2022 – Win a Fishing Trip!