11/05/2018- As many as eight new faces could be joining the Menominee County Board, depending on the outcomes of tomorrow’s election. The only commissioner running uncontested for another term is 7th District’s Gerald Piche. In District 1, Jason Chaltry will challenge incumbent Steve Gromala. The race in the 2nd District features incumbent Bernie Lang versus Patricia Mueller. In the 3rd District, both Joe Ciochetto and Edward Powell Jr are running against incumbent Larry Phelps. The race in the 4th District is between incumbent Larry Schei, Steve Ecker, and David Thompson. Gary Anderson will try to unseat William Cech in District 5. David Prestin will run unopposed for the District 6 Commissioner role being vacated by Charlie Meintz. In the 8th District, Jan Hafeman is seeking another term against challenger Tim Lafave. Lastly, Larry Johnson Jr. is the solo candidate for the District 9 seat after John Nelson’s decision not to seek re-election. Some voters in the county will also be asked to decide on a four-million-dollar bonding proposal for Bark River-Harris Schools. Polls will be open from 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM.
About The Author
June 1, 2018
February 14, 2020
July 15, 2019
August 23, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.