11/14/2018- The new care agency at Marinette County’s juvenile home is on-track to reopen the facility next month. The county’s Board of Supervisors approved a pair of requests Tuesday related to the project. The first was the lease agreement with Advocates for Healthy Transitional Living for the building and property on Schact Road formerly known as Crossroads. The second is a service contract with Advocates totaling about $45000 for administration of the new Share Academy for the month of December. Health and Human Services Director Robin Elsner says Advocates is still awaiting approval of their eight-bed group home license from the state, but he anticipates that will be in place and the facility will open its doors by December 1st. Elsner says the board will then be asked to consider new contracts with Advocates for services in 2019 at the start of the new year.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.