07/12/2019- Marinette County’s Parks division could have a new departmental home under a proposal brought to the Infrastructure Committee this week. County Administrator John Lefebvre suggested moving Parks from the Forestry Department to the Facilities Department to free up more time for the Forestry crew to focus on increasing timber sales. Lefebvre says the plan could benefit the Facilities Department, as well, if an assistant facilities director position is approved. That, he believes, would reduce the burden placed on current facilities director Mary Keyport, who’s singlehandedly responsible for all of the county’s facilities projects now. Lefebvre did not have a cost for the move and the additional position available. The committee did give him the go-ahead at their meeting to prepare that and a comprehensive plan for the transition, which will be presented to the committee for consideration in the coming months.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.