09/25/2018- Marinette County says they can’t be held responsible for the death of an inmate at the County Jail in 2016. Last week, the county submitted a response to a federal lawsuit filed against them in April which alleges jail staff failed to provide inmate David Teteak with his prescribed medications, which ultimately led to his death. The response states the county and the individual defendants named are immune from suit under common law and statutory immunities and they requested the case be dismissed. Wednesday, a judge for the US District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin scheduled a five-day jury trial in the matter beginning December 9th. Teteak’s family is the Plaintiff in the case and is seeking unspecified damages for Teteak’s death and what they claim was a violation of 8th and 14th Amendment rights
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.