08/30/2018- The creation of two new positions are given the okay in Marinette County. The Board of Supervisors first heard a recommendation Tuesday to approve a Medical Examiner position with an anticipated hire date in early January. That job will replace the coroner’s role, which was abolished by the county earlier this year. The Board was also asked to consider creating an additional full time Patrol Deputy, also to take effect in January, who will specialize in Recreational Patrol and whose salary and fringes would be reimbursed at least 50% by the Wisconsin DNR. That role comes at the request of Sheriff Jerry Sauve who felt there was a lack of available manpower to respond to recreational issues, particularly with the increase in ATV- accessibility in the county. The new sheriff’s deputy position was unanimously approved while the ME role was passed 26 to 4.
About The Author
November 5, 2018
May 22, 2019
April 4, 2019
August 14, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.