02/19/2019- Road salt supplies are starting to dwindle in Marinette County after the repeated blows dealt to the region by Mother Nature. Highway Commissioner Eric Burmeister says the county placed their salt order in the spring based on the average of the three previous winters but the back-to-back snow storms and icy conditions this season have them exceeding that anticipated need. He says the county has been in contact with their supplier about the possibility of bringing in additional tonnage to get them through the winter. Crews will likely be out in full force again this week as another weather maker is expected to bring several inches of snow to the area tomorrow.
About The Author
October 5, 2020
November 21, 2019
September 19, 2018
May 2, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.