12/17/2018- Local Dickinson County Healthcare System patients will soon feel the effects of the organization’s restructuring efforts. The DCHS clinic in Wausaukee will close its doors by January 31st. In a statement, hospital representatives say the move comes “as a result of rising costs and unsustainable volumes” and adds, “All patients will receive a formal letter outlining the decision and communicating other health care options.” The hospital was on the verge of bankruptcy for several months after two prospective buyers backed out and had been working with a research group on a financial restructuring plan, however, that work was recently deemed redundant with the efforts of the new leadership team and the contract has since been terminated.
About The Author
May 18, 2018
January 3, 2020
September 10, 2019
March 13, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.