04/24/2019- The City of Oconto is getting a stern warning from the Wisconsin DNR about releasing sewage into the river there. The DNR will issue a “notice of noncompliance” to the City for bypassing the water treatment facility and pumping their sewage directly into the Oconto River last week in an attempt to prevent backups into homes and businesses. This is the first time Oconto has had this type of an issue and, according to the DNR, overflows are prohibited. The DNR notice is not punitive, but rather, details instructions to prevent the issue from occurring again.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Get ready for a fun-filled day of Christmas festivities in the City of Marinette
- City of Marinette Alderperson files lawsuit against city
- Marinette County Rural Affordable Workforce Housing Pilot Holding Community Feedback Sessions
- Fiber Internet coming to Menominee County
- PRELIMINARY GUN DEER SEASON NUMBERS RELEASED