06/28/2019- An electrical surge is being blamed for a small fire that broke out at the Marinette County Courthouse. County Administrator John Lefebvre reports the incident happened after the Uninterrupted Power Supply unit was replaced earlier this month and sent a high amount of energy through the courthouse, damaging several electrical strips, one badly enough to start a computer on fire in the Foodwise office, which eventually spread and ignited a portion of the carpeting. The fire was contained and Lefebvre says crews have been in to clean up following the incident. While the office will need to be repainted and have portions of the carpeting and ceiling tiles replaced, that work is only expected to take a couple of weeks. In the meantime, displaced employees from the Foodwise office have been relocated to a vacant office within the county’s UW-Extension department.