08/20/2019- Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers has requested a federal disaster declaration for 18 Wisconsin counties, including Marinette, as well as two tribes, for damage sustained from severe storms, tornadoes, and flooding last month. The request would provide federal disaster assistance to help local governments and electric cooperatives recover some of their costs from responding to the storms, removing debris, and repairing damaged infrastructure. Evers says assessments by FEMA and Wisconsin Emergency Management verified more than $19.5 million in eligible damages. If approved, FEMA’s Public Assistance Program would cover up to 75% of eligible costs while the state of Wisconsin and impacted communities would share the remaining 25%.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Adopt a Tree on Stephenson Island Seeking More Participants This Holiday Season on
- City of Marinette Garbage, Recycle & Brush Collection postponed for the Holiday on
- M&M FOOTBALL GAME LIVE STREAM on
- A new $16 million development is coming to the City of Menominee on
- Swap Shop Thursday May 6th, 2021 on