09/09/2019- More than a year later, three UP counties are still trying to recover from the extreme rainfall and flooding seen on Father’s Day of 2018. Now, an $8.8-million grant from the US Department of Transportation will aid in that effort. The money will go to Gogebic, Houghton, and Menominee Counties, where the June 2018 storm dropped between 7 and 10 inches of rain in just a few hours, causing extreme runoff that washed out several roadways. Grant funds will support the repair of eligible highways and bridges damaged in the storm, which includes work to minimize the extent of the damage or protect the remaining facilities, as well as permanent repairs necessary to restore the roadway to its pre-disaster condition.
About The Author
February 6, 2018
October 10, 2018
August 30, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette Marine Appoints New CEO Vandroff new CEO, Allman promoted to corporate role
- Fatal Crash in Marinette County Kills One
- Menominee County Victim Services Receives a Grant for continued services to victims of crisis situations.
- It was an afternoon filled with pomp and circumstance.
- Potential housing could be coming to the City of Marinette.