01/03/2020- School districts throughout Marinette and Menominee Counties will spend January celebrating a new M&M Area Community Foundation project benefiting area kids. The Future Fund begins this academic year, automatically establishing a long-term savings account for every kindergartner across the two counties. The Future Fund is designed to assist with post- high school training or educational expenses and begins with a $50 initial deposit by the Community Foundation. The first Kick-Off Ceremony for the Future Fund will take place at the Goodman-Armstrong Creek School District January 13th and will be followed by ceremonies at other schools throughout January, ending at Menominee Area Public Schools January 24th. In addition to the first $50 deposit, Future Fund accounts will also grow by additional deposits from the Foundation during the students’ K-12 school career as well as interest earned on the accounts.
About The Author
November 4, 2019
February 2, 2018
June 3, 2019
November 21, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.