12/11/2018- LCS 15, the future USS Billings, has completed Acceptance Trials in the waters of Lake Michigan. This is the ship’s final significant milestone before delivery. The Fincantieri Marinette Marine-built LCS 15 is the eighth Freedom-variant LCS constructed for the US Navy and is slated for delivery next year. Its trials included a full-power run, maneuverability testing, and surface and air detect-to-engage demonstrations of the ship’s combat system. There are currently seven ships in various stages of production and test at the local shipyard. The next Freedom-variant in the class is LCS 17, the future USS Indianapolis, slated for sea trials in 2019. LCS 19 is scheduled for christening and launch this Saturday. Additionally, LCS 13 is scheduled for commissioning January 12th in Jacksonville, Florida.
About The Author
October 31, 2019
January 8, 2020
January 15, 2018
January 2, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette Marine Appoints New CEO Vandroff new CEO, Allman promoted to corporate role
- Fatal Crash in Marinette County Kills One
- Menominee County Victim Services Receives a Grant for continued services to victims of crisis situations.
- It was an afternoon filled with pomp and circumstance.
- Potential housing could be coming to the City of Marinette.