07/16/2019- The Menominee County Sheriff’s Office reports one man died in a drowning accident on the Menominee River Sunday. The incident happened near the Sturgeon Bend Campground in Faithorn around 11:30 a.m. Authorities say 41-year-old Bryan Bidwell of Green Bay was working to load a fishing boat onto a trailer at the boat landing there when the boat broke loose and was taken away from the landing by the current. Bidwell was attempting to swim to boat back to the landing when he went underwater. His body was recovered 75 yards downstream by the Wisconsin DNR. Nearly a dozen rescue agencies from Michigan and Wisconsin assisted in the search and recovery effort.
About The Author
October 22, 2019
February 11, 2019
April 30, 2018
June 7, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.