10/08/2019- It looks like restoration work at one Marinette landmark will not take place as originally planned for this year. The City’s Historic Preservation Commission met Monday to discuss a proposed project to repair and preserve the Ike Stephenson statue. An initial price quote for the work came in at around $3000, however, a more detailed breakdown of that estimate was needed for the project to be submitted to and signed-off on by the Common Council. HPC Chairperson Dan Kallgren says that documentation has not yet been provided and, with the onset of colder weather, he doesn’t believe the restoration can be completed in 2019. That project will likely now be tabled until next spring.
About The Author
November 8, 2019
January 22, 2018
July 1, 2019
November 8, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.