09/05/2019- Menominee County’s newest District Court Judge and the Prosecuting Attorney are stepping back from a recent attempted murder case. Judge Rob Jamo has recused himself from the case against 23-year-old Ryan Philipps because of an apparent conflict of interest. Philipps was arrested in August and charged with attempted murder and assault with intent to murder after allegedly running over another man with his SUV following an argument over a debt in Menominee Township. Philipps is now being represented by his father, attorney Randy Philipps, who regularly practices in front of the court and has previously been hired as a Menominee County court-appointed attorney. Under that same reasoning, Menominee County Prosecuting Attorney Jeffrey Rogg is also seeking to be removed from the Ryan Philipps case. His request has been sent to the Michigan Attorney General and is still awaiting approval.
About The Author
September 11, 2018
April 22, 2019
October 18, 2018
September 19, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.