08/06/2019- $140-million is being set aside by Johnson Controls to address the local PFAS contamination issue- information that was provided in the company’s third quarter earnings statement last week. JCI, the Wisconsin DNR, and the Department of Health Services have been working to analyze the scope of the contamination and establish a remediation plan since the contamination was formally reported in 2016. JCI was referred to the state’s Justice Department earlier this year for allegedly not reporting the issue sooner, as it is believed the company may have known about it as early as 2013. PFAS compounds have been found in several ground and surface water locations throughout the Town of Peshtigo and Marinette and there’s growing concern about their presence on local farm fields where Marinette’s wastewater biosolids containing these compounds were spread for several years.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Get ready for a fun-filled day of Christmas festivities in the City of Marinette
- City of Marinette Alderperson files lawsuit against city
- Marinette County Rural Affordable Workforce Housing Pilot Holding Community Feedback Sessions
- Fiber Internet coming to Menominee County
- PRELIMINARY GUN DEER SEASON NUMBERS RELEASED