One man is killed in an early morning car crash Saturday. Around 2:40 AM, a passerby called in a vehicle that had struck a large tree on County P just west of US 141 in the Town of Beaver. Upon arrival, responding officers found the victim, identified as 35-year-old Francisco Escobar who had been residing in Pound, ejected from the car. The initial investigation shows Escobar had been traveling west on County P when his vehicle went off the road to the left east of US 141, crossed US 141, and then went off the road to the right on County P west of 141, eventually impacting the tree. Speed and alcohol are believed to be factors in this fatality which remains under investigation by the Sheriff’s office and coroner. It was Marinette County’s fifth traffic fatality for 2018.
About The Author
October 4, 2019
September 25, 2018
November 5, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.