02/12/2020- The Menominee Area Public Schools District will ask voters to fund a new 44-million-dollar elementary school project . The MAPS Board of Education recently approved a resolution placing the bond project on the May 5th ballot. A facilities task force recommended the district seek to rebuild and restructure the existing Central Elementary School to house kindergarten through 5th or 6th grade, as well as re-purpose Blesch Intermediate School and complete some upgrades and maintenance work at the Menominee Junior/Senior High School. If ultimately approved by voters, the average taxpayer would see an increase on their tax bill of about $11 a month.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- The U.P. Foster Closet of Menominee hosts a live webinar “All About Foster Care in Michigan and Wisconsin” tomorrow evening
- The Salvation Army to host Feeding America Mobile Food Pantry in a New Location tomorrow
- Swap Shop Wednesday May 18th, 2022
- Menominee Chief of Police to step down, Interim to be announced…
- Swap Shop Tuesday May 17th, 2022