Drivers in Marinette will need to adhere to the city’s parking guidelines or face some steep penalties. Common Council approved hiking Marinette’s parking fines to $40 initially and $80 if not paid within 72-hours. That’s twice as much as they previously were. The decision was made after the Civic Affairs Committee discussed the problems the City continues to have with overtime parking, particularly in areas near Fincantieri Marinette Marine and Boom Landing. It was agreed by the Committee that the previous $20 fine was no longer an effective deterrent with parking in such high demand and beyond that, the charge did not cover the city’s costs to enforce parking limitations and process violations.
About The Author
October 23, 2019
June 1, 2018
January 31, 2019
December 20, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette Marine Appoints New CEO Vandroff new CEO, Allman promoted to corporate role
- Fatal Crash in Marinette County Kills One
- Menominee County Victim Services Receives a Grant for continued services to victims of crisis situations.
- It was an afternoon filled with pomp and circumstance.
- Potential housing could be coming to the City of Marinette.