09/27/2019- Jobless numbers in Marinette County dipped last month. The local unemployment rate for August came in at 4.8%, just under the 4.9% unemployment recorded in July. August’s rate is still almost a full percentage point higher than the 4% joblessness seen at this time last year. The statewide unemployment rate has climbed above 3% for the first time in six months with August’s figures coming in at 3.1%. Unemployment in Wisconsin in July was an even 3%, the same as it was one year ago.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.