12/18/2018- The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has announced funding for work on five harbors throughout the state and a local project is on that list. Fincantieri Marinette Marine will receive $5-million from WisDOT to dredge a total of 30000 cubic yards of sediment to increase the depth of the Menominee River. It’s part of a three-year $100-million shipyard improvement project to support the construction and launch of larger vessels, including the new US Navy frigate. The money was awarded through WisDOT’s 2019 Harbor Assistance Program to promote waterborne freight and assist economic development across the state. This year’s overall grant funding totaled more than $7-million.
About The Author
September 26, 2017
November 21, 2019
June 1, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette Marine Appoints New CEO Vandroff new CEO, Allman promoted to corporate role
- Fatal Crash in Marinette County Kills One
- Menominee County Victim Services Receives a Grant for continued services to victims of crisis situations.
- It was an afternoon filled with pomp and circumstance.
- Potential housing could be coming to the City of Marinette.