01/28/2020- A driver from Marinette is believed to be responsible for a crash that took out the stop lights at a major Green Bay intersection Sunday night. The accident happened at South Webster Ave and East Mason and damaged the traffic lights there, leading to travel delays and congestion in the area. An 18-year-old male from Marinette is alleged to have been driving under the influence at a high rate of speed when his SUV hit a truck attempting to turn at the intersection around 9:30 Sunday night. The driver of that SUV, his passenger- a 19-year-old from Allouez, and the driver of the truck, a 49-year-old Green Bay man, were each taken to the hospital for their injuries. Police are recommending OWI and reckless driving charges be filed against the Marinette man. No names have been released.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.