12/20/2019- A Menominee County sheriff’s deputy under investigation for the sexual assault of a teenager has been fired. Sergeant Brian Helfert was terminated following a case review and due process hearing where it was determined he violated the department’s policies and rules of conduct. The Sheriff’s Office says the potential for criminal charges also exist as Helfert has been accused of criminal sexual conduct involving a 16-year-old Menominee High School Student, but the decision to fire Helfert is unrelated to the decision of whether to file charges. Menominee County Prosecuting Attorney Jeffrey Rogg is expected to make that determination in the immediate future. No further information on the matter has been released by the Sheriff’s Department.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities
- Menominee City Council seeks to fill four positions
- Bucket List Football Package Auction Supporting Local Family Battling Cancer…