09/27/2019- A revised Parks Use ordinance for Menominee County would keep hunters out of the parks if ultimately approved. County Administrator Jason Carviou presented the draft ordinance to the County Board Tuesday. In it, he’s specifically listed any type of hunting or discharging a firearm within the county’s parks will be prohibited and violators will be subject to fines of up to $100. While the County may still occasionally bring in individuals to hunt or trap a specific nuisance animal, Carviou says the blanket ban for residents was proposed in the interest of public safety. The ordinance will be reviewed by the Park Committee and is expected to come back to the County Board for a vote in late October.
About The Author
November 17, 2020
September 5, 2019
November 5, 2018
October 4, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.