03/18/2019- There’s a conviction in the case against a Marinette County man accused of driving drunk with two young children in the car. 30-year-old Christopher Malek entered a no contest plea in Marinette County Court to his third OWI. He was arrested last December after rear-ending another vehicle on US 141 near Crivitz. When officers arrived on-scene they say they could smell the odor of intoxicants coming from Malek’s vehicle and allegedly found an open beer can inside. Malek blew a 0.287 in a preliminary breath test- more than three times the legal limit. Two children near the ages of 5 and 6 were in Malek’s vehicle at the time of the accident, but sustained no serious injuries. Malek is due back in court for his sentencing hearing May 14th.
About The Author
October 18, 2019
August 21, 2018
September 20, 2019
April 24, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.