01/02/2019- It’s National Radon Awareness month and Public Health Delta and Menominee Counties wants to make sure you’re in the know. All month long, PHDM will be offering free home radon test kits at their office in Menominee to residents of Delta and Menominee Counties. These kits are hung in the lowest livable floor of the home for three to seven days and are then mailed in to be analyzed for potentially unsafe levels of radon. Radon is a tasteless, colorless, and odorless radioactive gas that is naturally occurring in soil and rock. It can seep into homes through openings in the foundation floor or walls and, at high levels, can cause detrimental health effects. According to the EPA, radon is the second-leading cause of lung cancer and the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers in the US.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.