08/26/2019- A plea deal could be coming in the case against a former Little Chute High School teacher accused of sexually assaulting a teenager in Marinette County. 47-year-old Jason Lavigne of Appleton was in court for a pre-trial conference Friday for a charge of third-degree sexual assault. The criminal complaint alleges he served alcohol to a 16-year-old girl and then assaulted her during a trip to a cabin in the Town of Stephenson last summer. During Friday’s hearing, Lavigne’s attorney requested a one-week extension to allow for a possible resolution in the matter without going to trial. That request was granted and a decision on a plea deal is expected by August 30th. If the state and the defense are unable to come to a resolution, a four-day jury trial will begin September 17th.
About The Author
February 14, 2019
May 22, 2018
July 30, 2019
September 30, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette Marine Appoints New CEO Vandroff new CEO, Allman promoted to corporate role
- Fatal Crash in Marinette County Kills One
- Menominee County Victim Services Receives a Grant for continued services to victims of crisis situations.
- It was an afternoon filled with pomp and circumstance.
- Potential housing could be coming to the City of Marinette.