07/11/2019- Residents and businesses in Marinette will see a reduction in junk pickup in the City following the approval of a recommendation from the Public Works Superintendent by Common Council this week. Pat Carlson told the city in June his crews are having a hard time keeping up with the monthly rotating schedule that includes two weeks of yard waste pickup, one week for chipper material, and one week of junk collection. He instead suggested cutting the junk pickup back to quarterly, which would free up more time for work on parks and cemeteries. That plan was signed-off on Tuesday. The last monthly junk pickup in Marinette will be next week. Another pickup will occur in September, and the quarterly schedule is expected to take effect in late-October or early-November.
About The Author
February 11, 2020
August 10, 2018
October 8, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.