03/08/2019- Remember to change more than just your clocks this weekend. Sunday we spring forward one hour and ReadyWisconsin is reminding residents Daylight Saving Time is a good time to change the batteries in carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. This winter’s extreme cold has had many furnaces working overtime, which can increase the risk of elevated carbon monoxide levels in a home and three out of every five home fire deaths occurred when smoke detectors were either not present or not working properly- two situations that make it critical to check these safety devices regularly. Detectors should be installed on every level of a home, including the basement. Officials with ReadyWisconsin recommend testing them monthly and replacing them every ten years.
About The Author
June 11, 2021
August 8, 2018
December 18, 2020
November 20, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.