05/07/2019- A pair from Oconto are facing reckless homicide charges for a September overdose death. 29-year-old Brian Blasing and 29-year-old Chasity Denny made their initial appearance in Oconto County Circuit Court last week where their bond was set at $100000 cash each. The two were arrested following an investigation that alleges they sold the drugs that killed 33-year-old Jeffrey Pecha last year. An autopsy revealed Pecha died of “mixed drug intoxication” due to the methamphetamine, clonazepam, heroin, and Pregabalin found in his system. If convicted of the first-degree reckless homicide charges, Blasing and Denny could face up to 40 years in prison. They’ve also been charged with manufacturing or delivering heroin, which carries a maximum sentence of 12.5 years in prison. The two are also suspects in a February overdose death in Marinette County, however, no charges have been filed in that matter.
About The Author
February 22, 2018
December 4, 2019
January 9, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Keel laying of the LCS 31 was held last week.
- Street Closures to begin today in the City of Marinette.
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.