09/16/2019- The timeline for some bridge work at the state line has been extended. The reopening of the US 8 bridge that spans the Menominee River, which was originally expected last week, has now been pushed back to October 4th. Both the Michigan and Wisconsin Departments of Transportation are jointly investing around $2.4-million into replacing the bridge deck and railing, as well as painting the structure. Officials say the project fell behind schedule due to several components of the project that took longer than anticipated to complete. For the time, all lanes of US 8 remain closed at the bridge and a detour around the area is still in effect.
About The Author
September 24, 2019
December 12, 2018
January 6, 2020
December 9, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.