08/28/2018- UW Marinette is now officially the University of Wisconsin- Green Bay, Marinette Campus. The UW Board of Regents approved the name change last Friday as part of an across-the-board transition for all UW two-year colleges to become branch campuses of the system’s larger four-year universities. UW campuses in Manitowoc and Sheboygan now also fall under the UW-Green Bay header. UW-Green Bay Chancellor Gary Miller says the name change “allows each community to maintain the tradition and history of their campuses, while leveraging the international Green Bay brand.” The Marinette County Board of Supervisors had approved the name change at their meeting last month. Miller says the University will perform a regional assessment of higher education needs, economic drivers, and partnership opportunities this fall to continue developing the strategic framework of the new four-campus UW- Green Bay.
About The Author
August 13, 2019
January 31, 2020
July 14, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.