09/19/2018- We Energies is alerting residents and visitors near the White Rapids Reservoir of a water drawdown. The company will begin lowering the reservoir upstream from the White Rapids Hydroelectric Power Plant near Amberg, Wisconsin and Stephenson, Michigan as early as this Sunday, September 23rd. The water is expected to be lowered about 4.5 feet from its normal elevation for necessary maintenance at Chalk Hill Dam. Campgrounds and recreational sites will still be open during these activities, but boat launches in the area will be shallow. Additionally, motor vehicles and ATVs are not allowed on the exposed reservoir bed and metal detecting and the removal of driftwood are also prohibited. The reservoir is scheduled to begin refilling once maintenance work is complete and should return to normal levels by December.
About The Author
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.