38-year-old, Jay M. Shipla, was driving westbound on County X in the Town of Wagner about a half-mile west of Philipps Road at about 3:45pm Saturday, July 3rd. The cycle failed to negotiate a curve, went off road to the right and impacted a tree. The operator was not wearing a helmet and was alone. The Wagner Fire Department and the Bay Area Paramedics assisted the Sherriff’s Department at the scene. Shipla later passed away at a Green Bay hospital of head injuries. This crash remains under investigation by the Sherriff’s Office and the medical examiner. This is the fourth traffic fatality in Marinette County this year.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
May 15, 2020
September 21, 2018
May 15, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- The U.P. Foster Closet of Menominee hosts a live webinar “All About Foster Care in Michigan and Wisconsin” tomorrow evening
- The Salvation Army to host Feeding America Mobile Food Pantry in a New Location tomorrow
- Swap Shop Wednesday May 18th, 2022
- Menominee Chief of Police to step down, Interim to be announced…
- Swap Shop Tuesday May 17th, 2022