Two boat launches on the Menominee River will be temporarily closed for safety and security purposes for the launching of the LCS-27 at Marinette Marine Corporation on Saturday, August 7, 2021. The affected launches are Boom Landing in Marinette and River Park (Mystery Ship) ramp in Menominee, MI. Boat launches will be closed from midnight on Friday, August 6, 2021, until approximately 5:00 pm on Saturday, August 7, 2021. Other boat launches on the river will be unaffected; however, all boats, including kayaks and canoes, will be barred from the marine safety zone established by the US Coast Guard from approximately 10 a.m. to noon on August 7th. This area is from approximately Nestegg Marine downriver to the east end of KK Integrated Logistics’ dock wall. Boaters in the area should use caution and pay attention to directions from law enforcement and Coast Guard personnel.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
May 24, 2019
October 8, 2019
July 17, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Menominee based R.W. Fernstrum Company a Top Ten Finalist for “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan”
- Traffic Line Painting for City of Marinette
- Governor Evers approves US 41/Country Meadows intersection improvements in Marinette County
- Prevea Health, HSHS hospitals urge community members to get flu shot
- Menominee County’s preliminary budget looks strong for the upcoming year