The City of Marinette’s Common Council met in special session yesterday to discuss the JCI/Tyco GETS System and site access agreement with the city. The agreement states that Tyco in coordination with its environmental consultant is in the process of designing a groundwater remedy for certain environmental issues that originated on Tyco property. Tyco desires to construct a groundwater extraction and treatment system to treat PFAS that migrated with groundwater off Tyco property. This system will include construction and installation of wells, pipes, outfalls, and other permanent infrastructure. Tyco would like to construct and install sections of GETS on the rights-of-way commonly known as Pierce Avenue, Oakview Road, Edwin Street, James Street, Todd Street, Richard Street, Florence Street and on the parcel known as 2501 Pierce Avenue. After much debate, the council approved the agreement with JCI/Tyco…no activities will be conducted without prior notice to the city.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
August 24, 2018
June 25, 2019
February 20, 2018
March 31, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities
- Menominee City Council seeks to fill four positions
- Bucket List Football Package Auction Supporting Local Family Battling Cancer…
- Signups for the City of Marinette Police Departments Community Outreach Program is underway on
- PUBLIC HEALTH DELTA AND MENOMINEE COUNTIES PARTNERS WITH 2-1-1. on
- CLOSINGS on
- Menominee Prosecutor sends three Methamphetamine traffickers to prison on
- Peshtigo Council shoots down ARPA fund dispersant on