Fourth of July weekend is one of the busiest times of year for Wisconsin waterways, and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is reminding boaters to keep safety top of mind as they cast off. Those enjoying Wisconsin’s waters during the holiday weekend will see more DNR conservation wardens and local law enforcement on high alert for anyone under the influence as part of the annual national Operation Dry Water July 2-4. The easiest and most important things for people to remember is to boat sober and wear their life jacket. So far in 2021, 13 people have died in boating-related incidents. Most of them were not wearing their life jackets. Law enforcement agencies from across the U.S. are taking part in the Operation Dry Water campaign, focusing on spotting impaired boaters, and educating the public about the dangers of boating under the influence. Operation Dry Water is a year-round boating under the influence awareness and enforcement campaign with the mission of reducing the number of alcohol and drug-related incidents and fatalities.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
November 26, 2018
January 22, 2018
February 4, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities
- Menominee City Council seeks to fill four positions
- Bucket List Football Package Auction Supporting Local Family Battling Cancer…
- Menominee County apportionment committee decides to keep county commissioner size the same on
- LOCAL SPORTS 02/14/21 on
- Gov. Evers Launches $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Reward Program to Encourage Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated on
- DNA Evidence is presented to the jury on day four of the Marinette County double homicide trial on
- Deer Harvest Numbers Up Across Wisconsin, Varied in Marinette County on