Fincantieri Marinette Marine and Miron Construction held their topping out ceremony for Building 34, the massive 180,000 square ft. dual bay facility that will house the FFG Constellation Frigate construction on Tuesday afternoon. Remarks were given to the crowd of over 100 people by Fincantieri Marinette Marine CEO Mark Vandroff, the Navy, Miron Construction, and Marinette Mayor Steve Genisot who all agreed that this building and what it will do inside will only grow the Marinette-Menominee and surrounding communities. The event concluded with the last construction beam being hoisted atop the structure by the most senior Marinette Marine employee.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
July 30, 2020
September 23, 2021
November 11, 2020
January 13, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Michigan Adds 8,500 New COVID Cases; 262 In Upper Peninsula
- Marinette Pantry sees demand increase over 160%
- Menominee Fire Department Celebrates 150 years
- The Marinette County Sheriff’s Office is warning citizens that a new scam attempt is being reported to the local law enforcement
- Marinette County Broadband Survey is Underway, Countywide participation needed