The Wisconsin Groundwater Coordinating Council shared key recommendations for protecting and preserving vital groundwater resources in its 2021 annual report to the Wisconsin State Legislature. The recommendations focus on evaluating and addressing drinking water contamination from nitrates, PFAS chemicals, viruses, and other microbial pathogens. PFAS chemicals have been detected in drinking water and groundwater throughout Wisconsin. The report highlights the challenges of removing PFAS from groundwater. The council recommends establishing PFAS groundwater enforcement standards to guide cleanup efforts and safeguard public health and continuing to identify PFAS sources and their potential impacts to groundwater and the environment. The council also supports the Wisconsin PFAS Action Council in developing and coordinating statewide PFAS initiatives. Viruses and other microbial pathogens have been found in municipal and private wells, challenging previous assumptions about how they persist and move in groundwater. For more information about the report visit the Wisconsin DNR website.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
Listen (On Air)
- Menominee based R.W. Fernstrum Company a Top Ten Finalist for “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan”
- Traffic Line Painting for City of Marinette
- Governor Evers approves US 41/Country Meadows intersection improvements in Marinette County
- Prevea Health, HSHS hospitals urge community members to get flu shot
- Menominee County’s preliminary budget looks strong for the upcoming year
- A Menominee County Sherriff’s Deputy stands mute in court. on
- We know buzzed driving is drunk driving, but what about driving while drug-impaired? on
- Menominee County Primary Results on
- Advertise With Us on
- Medicaid Saves Live Act could provide health insurance to low-income homes in the Badger State on