Marinette County Circuit Judge, James Morrison, denied a key defense motion last Thursday in the double murder case against a man accused of killing a young couple nearly 45 years ago at a County Campground. Raymond Vannieuwenhoven, 84, of Lakewood is charged in the July 9, 1976, double murder of a Green Bay couple who was camping at McClintock Park in the Town of Silver Cliff. David Schuldes, 25, and Ellen Matheys, 24, were shot and killed at the campground. Matheys was sexually assaulted but that charge has been dismissed due to the statute of limitations being elapsed. There is no statute of limitations for the two first-degree homicide charges against Vannieuwenhoven. A pre-trial conference is set for June 22nd at 1pm. A ten-day jury trial will begin July 19 at 8:30am at the Marinette County Courthouse
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
November 17, 2020
August 3, 2020
September 5, 2018
March 3, 2021
Listen (On Air)
- Several Streets in Menekaunee will be under Construction starting Tuesday, June 22nd.
- Local Agencies join together for annual back to school program.
- Wisconsin adds more jobs while the unemployment rate remains the same.
- The City of Marinette receives over 3.8-million dollars in EDA grant funds.
- Much needed Street Reconstruction Projects will be beginning in the City of Marinette.