The keel of the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) 31, the future USS Cleveland, was laid at Fincantieri Marinette Marine last week. On hand for the ceremony was Robyn Modly, wife of a Clevelander and former U.S. Navy Secretary who will be the ship’s sponsor. The USS Cleveland will be the fourth commissioned ship in naval service since World War I, named after Cleveland.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
August 22, 2019
March 30, 2020
April 1, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Michigan Adds 8,500 New COVID Cases; 262 In Upper Peninsula
- Marinette Pantry sees demand increase over 160%
- Menominee Fire Department Celebrates 150 years
- The Marinette County Sheriff’s Office is warning citizens that a new scam attempt is being reported to the local law enforcement
- Marinette County Broadband Survey is Underway, Countywide participation needed