The Menominee County Sherriff’s Victim Services Unit announced last week that its partnership with the M and M Area Community Foundation has been awarded a grant for the continuing initiative to provide victim services to Menominee County. The Menominee County VSU is a non-profit organization with volunteer personnel dedicated to helping victims survive a crisis or a traumatic situation. The VSU also specializes in short-term crisis intervention and are the helping hands of the police, fire, and medical personnel. With the donations from the foundation the VSU will be continuing to serve the community by providing assistance, crisis kits, emergency shelter, and community resources to stand alongside victims experiencing a traumatic situation. For more information about how you can become a volunteer with the Victim Service Unit please call 906-863-6614.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
August 7, 2020
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities
- Menominee City Council seeks to fill four positions
- Bucket List Football Package Auction Supporting Local Family Battling Cancer…
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System on
- DNA Evidence is presented to the jury on day four of the Marinette County double homicide trial on
- STUFF YOUR STOCKING ON FRIDAY on
- Menominee Junior/ Senior High to Transition to Remote Learning on
- THIRSTY THURSDAY on