Since 2010 the jail has faced low staffing, causing shortages in all areas of the jail. Making the essential services they provide hard to do and senior staff members are unable to take proper time off. Currently, the jail is staffing only one sergeant and three correction officers per shift when they should have five. While the jail continues to seek new applicants, they have not had much success. As of now, the jail does not have a solution on how to fill the vacancies.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
February 20, 2018
February 4, 2020
December 11, 2018
May 24, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System
- JCI/TYCO COMMUNITY CREW EVENT, October 28th at Noon.
- Trick or Treating Hours for local participating communities
- Menominee City Council seeks to fill four positions
- Bucket List Football Package Auction Supporting Local Family Battling Cancer…
- A Menominee County Sherriff’s Deputy stands mute in court. on
- M&M FOOTBALL GAME LIVE STREAM on
- Menominee based R.W. Fernstrum Company a Top Ten Finalist for “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan” on
- Marinette School District and JCI/TYCO come to an agreement over the GETS System on
- City of Marinette Façade Improvement Deadline is fast approaching on