Ryan Joseph Phillips, 25 of Menominee Township was convicted on two felony counts Friday, September 3rd but found not guilty of attempted murder, two years after the sport-utility vehicle he was driving seriously injured Devon Barley, 25, also of Menominee Township. The jury listened to a day and a half of testimony before returning a verdict of guilty of assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder, punishable by up to 10 years, and of reckless driving causing serious impairment, punishable by five years. Phillips was found not guilty of assault with a dangerous weapon. Sentencing will be scheduled by the Menominee Circuit Court at a later date.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
January 29, 2019
October 9, 2018
Listen (On Air)
- Ice racing returns to the Bay of Green Bay this Weekend
- Menominee County Board of Commissioners denies a resolution to support The Dog’s Belly and 60 Islands in Menominee County…
- Marinette County Sheriff Retiring
- Closings for Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Hunting Fishing Boating Outdoor Show 2022 – Win a Fishing Trip!