Ryan Joseph Phillips, 25 of Menominee Township was convicted on two felony counts Friday, September 3rd but found not guilty of attempted murder, two years after the sport-utility vehicle he was driving seriously injured Devon Barley, 25, also of Menominee Township. The jury listened to a day and a half of testimony before returning a verdict of guilty of assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder, punishable by up to 10 years, and of reckless driving causing serious impairment, punishable by five years. Phillips was found not guilty of assault with a dangerous weapon. Sentencing will be scheduled by the Menominee Circuit Court at a later date.
About The Author
I have never found anything that has made me happier than journalism. The ability to inform the public is one of the most rewarding things anyone could do. While I have had many amazing opportunities in my career, I am finally back doing what I call a passion. The ability to be my true authentic self in black and white. I am a wife, mother of seven, grandmother to four, and I enjoy reading, collecting typewriters, movies, spending time with my family and our famous game nights!
January 12, 2021
February 16, 2018
April 5, 2019
Listen (On Air)
- Menominee based R.W. Fernstrum Company a Top Ten Finalist for “Coolest Thing Made in Michigan”
- Traffic Line Painting for City of Marinette
- Governor Evers approves US 41/Country Meadows intersection improvements in Marinette County
- Prevea Health, HSHS hospitals urge community members to get flu shot
- Menominee County’s preliminary budget looks strong for the upcoming year